Reopening Black Businesses Together
Based on expressed need and the level of support received, the Resiliency Relief Program will serve as a temporary stop gap
The OAACCF, in partnership with its corresponding Advisory Council, has created a COVID-19 Resiliency Relief Program. The monies raised under this program will be made available as interest-free grant relief dollars for these businesses, adversely impacted by COVID-19, and under the Federal orders of S.I.P. (Shelter in Place).
Congress approved funding; however, hundreds of local small Black owned businesses did not receive financial support. Their recovery will be extremely difficult. The Oakland African American Chamber of Commerce Foundation (OAACCF) has launched a Resiliency Relief Grant Program to raise $1 MILLION for financial infusion to resuscitate local Black owned businesses.
The OAACCF Resiliency Relief Program provides Grants to Small Businesses
Please APPLY for the OAACCF Resiliency Relief Program to find out if you are eligible for receiving an Interest Free Grant from monies raised by your Oakland African American Chamber of Commerce Foundation by following the detailed CRITERIA listed below.
To Apply for a Grant
If you are a local small Black owned business in Oakland, California and would like to apply for a Grant, the criteria follows…
- Review the OAACCF Resiliency Eligibility Checklist to help the Advisory Council start the process of qualifying your business with identifying your business eligibility (fillable form here).
- Review the Eligibility Requirements here.
- Completing the process online.
- Current OAACCF Member, please present your Member ID
- Non-Chamber Member, please apply for your Membership Here, www.oaacc.org.
All Chamber Applicants should be prepared to show a 2018 or 2019 business filing if they do not operate under the above requirements
Non-Chamber Applicants May apply later in the application process. Each non-chamber awardee will be assessed whether a fee will be required, pending need, and on a case by case basis.
To Fund the Resiliency Program
Help the Oakland African American Chamber of Commerce Foundation (OAACCF) retain a viable part of our business community–the local African American small business owner. The OAACCF, in partnership with its corresponding Advisory Council, has created a COVID-19 Resiliency Relief Program. The monies raised under this program will be made available as interest-free grant relief dollars for these businesses, adversely impacted by COVID-19, and under the Federal orders of S.I.P. (Shelter in Place).
Funds to provide economic relief to local African American owned businesses, defined as 20 employees or less, have not trickled down to the African American community.
Qualifying “grantees” in this category (20 employees or less) will be vetted according to three of the OAACC eligibility requirements including:
Demonstrate business legitimacy
- Provide any form of business documentation – website, business pictures, bank statements that include the business address and business name
- A valid business license dated 05/01/19 or earlier
- A valid identification card (driver’s license, passport, etc)
- A completed W9 form (if approved)
- Primary business operation in Oakland, California
- Sales from Square, CASH AP, Kabbage, and the like to document cash flow over a reasonable period of time
Application Process Now Open
APPLICATION DEADLINE IS JUNE 20, 2020
“We are all in this together”
African American businesses have been hit hard by the COVID-19 pandemic and need your support
No collateral or personal guarantees are required. Neither the government, lenders or the OAACCF will charge small businesses any fees.
The award is a grant and is not required to be paid back.
- One-time grant of $5,000 – pending qualification as determined by OAACC Advisory Council.
- One-time grant of $3,000 – special circumstances – as determined by OAACC Advisory Council.
- 3rd Criteria: Grants will also be allocated in various amounts ranging from $1,500 – $10,000, pending decisions made by the OAACC Advisory Council.
Criteria for Receiving Relief:
- Complete Application Link
- Complete OAACC Resiliency Financial Management Training via the Web
- Complete 2 Hour Financial Management Training Workshop
Information is constantly being updated on the website. Keep checking back.
333 Hegenberger Road
Oakland, California 94621